Press "Enter" to skip to content

Crown Resorts Will Cease All Junket Operations

Crown Resorts has declared it will stop dealing with all junket operations as it continues its bid to persuade the NSW gaming regulator that the public company is fit to run a new $2.2 billion casino in Sydney. “The Board has determined that Crown will permanently cease dealing with all junket operators, subject to consultation with gaming regulators in Victoria, Western Australia and New South Wales,” the company said in an ASX media release on Nov 17. Crown said it would only recommence dealing with a junket operator if it was licensed or otherwise approved or sanctioned by all gaming regulators in states where the company operates. It also said the consultation with gaming regulators in Victoria, Western Australia and NSW had begun. Media reports in 2019 alleged that Crown’s casinos had been used for money laundering and that junket tour operators Crown had relationships with had links to organised …