Press "Enter" to skip to content

TBS “Wipeout” Game Show Contestant Drops Dead After Finishing Obstacle Course

THE DAILY REFORMER (NEW YORK, UNITED STATES)

A male contestant on the popular game show “Wipeout” tragically passed away on Wednesday after completing an obstacle course for the show. He reportedly died of cardiac arrest upon finishing the course.

TIRED OF THE ADS? BECOME A PREMIUM USER TODAY!!

“We are devastated to have learned of his passing and our deepest sympathy goes out to the family,” a TBS spokesperson told Entertainment Tonight.

“We offer our heartfelt condolences to the family and our thoughts are with them at this time,” added the production company Endemol Shine North America.

MORE NEWS: [VIDEO] 46-Year-Old Florida “Special Needs” Teacher and Youth Pastor Just Arrested On 408 Child Porn Charges

It’s been reported that the male contestant needed medical attention as soon as he finished the course. He was first treated by the game show’s on-site medical staff while they waited for paramedics to arrive. Law enforcement sources told TMZ that they received a cardiac arrest call from the set just before noon, and by the time they got there, medics were already using a defibrillator on the contestant.

The Daily Reformer  Here Are the Lessons We’ve Learned So Far From the 2020 Election

He was then rushed to the local hospital, where he sadly passed away. A source told Fox News that all contestants on “Wipeout” must “undergo medical examinations” before they are cleared to participate in the obstacle course. The insider added that there is a “safety team present” at every show that consists of two paramedics, two set medics, a paramedic coordinator, and a safety producer.

Production of “Wipeout” was paused on Thursday and Friday due to the contestant’s death. It’s believed that production plans to resume on the week of November 30.

TBS originally aired on ABC from 2008-2014 before being picked up by TBS, where it is set to premiere sometime in 2021. Yahoo News reported that TBS announced back in April that it would be showing twenty episodes of “Wipeout” with “new format twists and elements that will push contestants’ athleticism and willpower to even greater extremes, all while delivering some pretty epic fails!”

The Daily Reformer  GOP Makes Criminal Referral After Allegedly Uncovering Thousands of Instances of Voter Fraud in Undecided State

FOLLOW US ON PARLER

The game show is set to be hosted by WWE star John Cena and comedian Nicole Byer, while model Camille Kostek reports from the field.

The contestant’s name has not been released, but the Chicago Tribune reported that he was in his 30s. His name will only be released to the public only when his family is notified of his passing.

 

This piece originally appeared in UpliftingToday.com and is used by permission.

Read more at UpliftingToday.com:
Details Emerge About How Alex Trebek Spent His Final Hours Before Passing Away At 80
Meghan Markle Panicking As She Realizes She And Harry Are ‘No Longer Golden Couple,’ Royal Expert Claims
‘Family Ties’ Mom Meredith Baxter Reveals Why Her ‘Enormous Breasts’ Were ‘The Plague Of My Life’

The Daily Reformer  “Non-Scalable” Fence Built Around White House, 250 Soldiers On Standby To Handle Election Night Chaos

The post TBS “Wipeout” Game Show Contestant Drops Dead After Finishing Obstacle Course appeared first on WayneDupree.com.

As reported by WayneDupree.com. Continue reading this article at WayneDupree.com

All news text, graphics, videos and multimedia content remain the copyrights of the credited original article publisher, in this case - WayneDupree.com

The Daily Reformer is an American conservative news aggregator and publisher with a mission to provide "the smart take on American conservative news.

Contact Information: amnon (at) thedailyreformer dot com